View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
JapanLio
Base Member

Drives: 12' PW 6MT Trg/Spt
JapanLio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakz View Post
wait, "gearbox has to be replaced (problem found on 2nd and 6th gear), covered by the warranty"...

Is there a TSB or something that I'm not aware of? My 2nd/6th don't "grind", but it's astounding to me that you'd take the car to a dealership for a "pre-sale inspection" and find that they want to do this sort of repairs under warranty.
It's simple... The Z was on sale by another dealership than Nissan, as a pre-owned one. After all the suspicious and shades around this car, I decided to call the Nissan dealership, which was in the same auto mall, and bring them the Z for a PPI. And they gave me the report without any possible confusion : this Z was a piece of junk (it's my interpretation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
$27,994
Thanks JapanLio for posting this VIN. I was seriously looking at this car. A few phone calls and emails to the dealer, but when I asked for some more info on the car, they stopped communicating, hmmmmm, wonder why?

Just received an email this evening from them stating this car is in the process of being sold. Too bad we can't warn the buyer!

Cheech.

+1 for informing everyone!
It's one of the purpose of this type of community forum : inform others of those type of bad experience. I'm happy that my tough day will help some of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaedub View Post
nice catch! Those sad bastards trying to jip you, ha. Well im sorry for all that for nothing but hopefully you'll find your Z soulmate! I recommend to just buy a new one. That way you feel 100% satisfied.
You're right, the ideal is to buy new, but it's a question of budget... I really want a Z 6MT with sport package, the navigation would be a +, but I cant find a brand new one in my price range around the Bay Area
JapanLio is offline   Reply With Quote