View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
That will give you minimal improvement in performance and then make it impossible to rotate the tires around the car to lengthen the lifespan of the snow tires.

Having used a snow tire setup on the Z last winter, I'd suggest you throw any performance notions out the window. I don't care what width or stagger you run, your car is no longer a performance vehicle with snow tires on it. Save yourself some cash down the road and get a setup that will allow you to rotate the tires around the car and get the best bite possible in snow (narrow and square...I went with 225 all around). If you don't like how the rear tires look (too sunken in), you can always run some fat 25mm spacers in the rear during the winter. Also, get 18" rims to save yourself the cost of buying 19" winter tires. Tire Rack has a nice selector which will give you plenty of options with or without the sport calipers.

I wouldn't throw the notion of performance out the window with all-seasons, which he's planning on using. I would agree with you for a snow setup, but not for AS tires...
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote