Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #292 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedZ View Post
This morning it was running great (it was cool out). I just got back from lunch, and car was at normal temp, and oil pushing 220, and it was doing it. Next oil change, I'm going to do the engine oil temperature check.
Today was warm enough for the problem to come back. I find myself stabbing the throttle in traffic from 1st-3rd. It makes an S2000 feel like a torque monster down low. A visit to the dealership is scheduled for Tuesday after work, and I will be driving with a tech. They will keep the car overnight and do another test the next morning for comparison purpose, but I was also asked to drive another Z as well.

For anyone who encounter this issue, please park the car in neutral and observe the response time, rev level, and how long it holds before it drops back to idle:
1) Quickly stab the pedal to the floor and release it.
2) Fully press the pedal to the floor in a more casual fashion.
3) Turn off the car and let it "cool off" for about a minute.
4) Turn it back on and repeat steps 1 and 2.

I did this today and got some interesting results. I got done recording video with oil temps close to 220F. Tomorrow morning I will do normal vids after the car warms up and upload it on YouTube.