View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oil Doc
Base Member

Drives: Harley
Oil Doc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARC51 View Post
There was an AMS-Oil guy on the Evo-X forum I use to frequent... He totally sold me on it. Maybe I can get him to come over here...
I think you may be referring to me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRich View Post
My first change will include the Amsoil filter. A bit hard to swallow at around $16 but it's superior construction has been proven.
I am not allowed to publicly post prices but, if the Forum will allow me, I will sell AMSOIL at Dealer Cost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Very curious about this. Do you remember why the oil wasn't the best for the engine?
Just as anything, there is good and bad to Royal Purple. I will find the good one day.. LOL

Seriously though. As in the case of their 10W-40 oil. It shears out of grade in the First Sequence of a 3 Sequence ASTM Test.

I have seen many posts claiming more HP... At what expense ? Dyno claims need to be backed by other facts such as ASTM Testing which Royal Purple does not have.

Royal Purple has been asked to stop their present advertising or they will be taken to court.

The link I had is no longer valid but I hope to have it up on my website this weekend for all to view.

Cheers all and have a safe Memorial Weekend !

Doc
Oil Doc is offline   Reply With Quote