View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mozen
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z PW M6
Mozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond reputeMozen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
So I was trying to figure out how I could use my jack on the rear differential which is the indicated rear jacking point, but I don't see how it could possibly fit. Just not enough room between the exhaust pipes/cans.

This is the jack I bought:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=67022

So what are my options?
I have the model up from that jack, the 3ton racing jack, so im not sure if this is any help.

Anyways i have a 4x4 x6 inch piece of wood i throw on top of the jack that works well. The width of 4inches is slim enough to make it between my ARK exhaust pipes and deep enough that it keeps the jack from touching either when lifting the car.

That said using the side jack points is better...BUT i personally dont like the idea of jacking up one side, putting a jack stand there, then jacking up the other side and in the process the car has to basically pivot on the one jack stand.

EDIT: What Mustang is talking about is a great idea and cheaper than buying something premade. Plus its nice since it gets the car higher on its own which makes it easier to clear and blah blah you get the picture.

Hope this all helps!!

Last edited by Mozen; 10-15-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Mozen is offline   Reply With Quote