View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaam View Post
No HFCs man, I am more annoyed with the vibrations which start at 2.2k rpms all the way till 2.7k on normal cruising, and are more on motorway when on cruise control on 70-80m/hr

Whats CSC? and did you get your resonators changed or what?
Nope, still the same 12" resonators. Cylindrical Slave Cylinder... mine popped and leaked a few weeks ago. It involved removing the transmission, so I'm assuming the mid pipes were removed as well. The tech probably replaced the gaskets or something, but the exhaust is much quieter than usual. Even my gf, who never was a fan of the exhaust sound, notice that it is much quieter.

I know what you mean by the vibration, and it does get annoying. I ran some wires up the headliner for the rearview mirror, and it's vibrating like crazy now. I think the resonance affects our perceived loudness, and it hits that annoying frequency that rattles our brains.

Any of you guys with turbo and TDX? I wonder how the exhaust manifold affects the characteristic of the TDX sound.

Anyhow, sorry to hear you have to let it go Hopefully you'll find something that suits your ears. Try HFC + TDX... loud doesn't describe rattling windows in the office on cold starts.