View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

The best winter wheel setup IMO would be the base 18's with 245/45/18s's all around after 2 seasons, swap the tires front to back and across, and they should last you a while. Honestly, i think the all seasons are good if you don't drive the car at all in snow. Then again, the idea of having a winter setup that you can't drive in snow seems kind of pointless. if i was you i'd drop the extra money on real winter tires. if you get stuck in a snowstorm with all seasons on our car you're almost as screwed as if you had the summer tires. Now, of course the all seasons are much better for dry/wet cold weather driving than summer tires, but the idea of spending all that money for a separate setup, but not getting real winter tires just to save 200 dollars (you wont be saving much if you get a good all season) seems like a waste of money.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote