View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

I've been researching this for a while. The Potenza's definately get stiffer in sub 50 deg weather. Also, if I am in an accident with the summer tires on, it could be a liability issue (improper tires for the weather).

Here in western Washington, we don't get much snow or super cold weather. I am getting Michelin Sport Pilot A/S Plus tires for all four wheels. I am getting the same size as the stock Bridgestones. Everyone I have talked to who owns the Pilots love them. They won't give the same feel as the Potenza's in the summer, but should be fine for anything but tracking.

I just can't see my Z as a car for snowy days. We don't get that many and my wife can drive me around in her 4X4 pickup.

It seems odd to me that Nissan's stock tires are the Potenza summers. Even for people who don't drive in the snow and live in temparate climates, stock summer tires don't seem sensible in North America.

Instead of opting for new wheels and snows, I am just going to replace my new (only have 1500 miles on the car) summer tires, with the Michelin all weathers.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote