View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #45 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300twinz View Post
Bad idea to order trophies for every category since you will have some categories that are either not signed up for or only have 1 or 2 cars sign up so you get stuck with extra inventory which = wasted money.
Yes, you run the risk of some wasted money but that's part of putting on an event where you have trophies whether you are talking about a car show or anything else. But bottom line is, don't advertise a category and awards and then not have them.

But, that wasn't the situation at ZCON. We aren't talking about a few trophies and/or low entries in a particular category they didn't want to order for; someone just plain screwed up. I don't know the exact number of place winners who didn't get their award that night but I'd bet a substantial amount of $$ that it was at least close to half and maybe even more who didn't get their award.

I think everyone understands that mistakes happen and we are all human...yeah...a bunch of trophies apparently didn't get ordered; that's unfortunate but it's not the end of the world. The adult thing to do at that point is to apologize and do whatever the hell you have to do to make it right (i.e. get the missing trophies ordered and delivered).

But here we are, 74 days (10 and half weeks/2 and a half months) post event and there are STILL folks who haven't received their trophies.

I honestly can't understand that kind of irresponsibility.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 10-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.