View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #43 (permalink)
300twinz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 300ZX Twin Turbo
300twinz is on a distinguished road

^ Robert I think the days of counting on large checks for conventions may be over. The 2010 convention was definitely not the normal convention but I guess we will see next year in Georgia. My suggestion for future clubs wanting to host a convention is don't go into it thinking you are getting a large check from anyone. Plan accordingly and assume your registrations will have to cover all your expenses. Planning the 2009 convention that is what we did and tried to get back to basics and cut some things that we felt may not be a viable option. We also looked everywhere for a better price and called in for favors from friends and family. I can definitely understand why your club chose not host especially with no guaranteed backing from NNA.

I wish the best for the Savannah team and I hope they can pull off a great convention. I can tell you that running one of these things is not easy and issues will come up but it's how you handle the problems that will either have people come back to a ZCON or stay away from them. One thing I learned quickly though is you will NOT be able to please everyone but you still need to give it your best shot.

Regarding ZDAYZ I have never been so I cannot speak with any experience on their event but I would love to go. It seems like a really fun event and I have been told by plenty of my friends who have attended that it is a blast. ZCON and ZDAYZ seem like two different types of events but I am of the mindset that one can always learn and can improve their event by seeing what works and doesn't work at other shows.