View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #2057 (permalink)
Buzzlitonian
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z GM A7
Buzzlitonian is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Very Happy Stillen S/C Owner

Whew!!!!! First I have to say thanks to Kyle at Stillen. Yes, the Z was ready!!
I picked it up this afternoon from Uprev and was estatic on my Test drive.
Richard rode shotgun as he directed me to a fine strip of asphalt to test my wares. Oh, man guys! Just stick with this Kit. It is a beast. I still even chickened out a little and did not floor the pedal completely. I glanced at the speedo just once and was very rapidly accelerating past 110 when I broke off. Just Fantastic! It was very noticeable how much more powerful the engine seemed when driving. The sport suspension and Tires handled all that just nice. I kept the VDC on the whole time today.
Actually afraid to think what will happen if I don't.

After all this time, I have to say this was definitely worth it.

Drove it down to my home town and had many opportunities at stop signs to let the Z show me its stuff (which before the Z would go limp). No problem accelerating past 3rd with some nice punchiness to it. Actually had one panic stop in Austin traffic to demonstrate any deceleration problems....none. At cruising speed of a nice 70 mph the engine pulled along nicely up and down the rolling hills.

Apparently there is some sort of Error in the Nissan coding for the ECU directly relating to the Mass Air Flow sensors. With the Supercharger attached, the settings were severely being challenged sending trouble codes to shut down or disable how the engine works like "no air flow!", "sorry not running today!". So, the Uprev geniuses built the Tune around those codes to basically "ignore" them. Then they figured out the rest from there.
Odds of this happening are rare. But was showing up in my car anyway.

My Z will accept the next finalized tune (coming soon) in which my Nissan Dealer will be able to do that with no problems. They shouldn't have any.

Also, it is still important to have whoever installs the Kit make sure they completely follow the directions. I can even understand that pipes meant to be straight must be attached straight with no deviations for smooth air flow.
There was some minor adjustments made to my kit to help improve things.

So, if anyone has any questions on what the charger is doing I will do my best to describe any details. It has my full attention now when driving, well that and eyes on the road of course.

So, yes the Mission is finally accomplished!

A nice touch was that Uprev had my car professionally detailed after my Test drive. Poor guy worked on the front end Bugs for a while, trying to get them off. Been baked on for at least 4 months. It looked great and felt great to be in it.

Thanks to everyone at Uprev (Rich and Jared) and Stillen (Chuck, Sam and Kyle).

Now...to go hunting for some 'stang and 'ro.
Buzzlitonian is offline   Reply With Quote