View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #135 (permalink)
katillidie
Base Member

Drives: hardbody
katillidie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcorrea View Post
I got a 370z with less than 10k and is drinking oil. Finally after 2 oil consumption tests she is getting a short block in it. They said it will take 4 days to install and they will call me when the parts are at the dealer. I don't know about having a brand new car with a fixed engine. I'm not happy about it.
my advice, from working at a nissan dealer and seeing what happens... if u are not happy with a short block... complain and complain, go to the top. Go to the owner and if that doesn't work goto to nissan directly... i see it everyday.. people just keep complaing and eventually u get what u want.. unfortunately where i am at i end up heaving to do warranty work on cars that have 100k or more miles and are WELL out of warranty, my service manager just lies about the mileage, because the customer didn't take no for an answer. most people don't realize if u don't give up u will eventually get what u want especially at the dealer... they want/need u as a good customer.. If the motor isn't out yet u still have time! just go in and talk to them say u have done ur research and u know its a on goin problem and u want it done right... U WANT A LONG BLOCK... plain and simple..and follow the chain of command till u get to nissan directly...ive seen it before u can get what u want u just have to be persistent.. btw 4 days? are they letting the oil lube tech do it lol... i am pretty sure it pays 14 hrs warranty. and it can get done in one day even being a short block.... too bad all u guys live in cali id be hookin u all up lol

Last edited by katillidie; 10-12-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add
katillidie is offline   Reply With Quote