View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIZMOZ View Post
Robert, let me remind you myself and the President in San Antonio ran the convention in 2009. We know what it takes and know how much the checks were including for 2010. We didn't get Nissan's check for our convention till the first DAY of the convention. So we had to make due with what we had.
I'm not sure what you point here is? I'm glad you were able to pull it off and I congratulate you for doing so but I think there is a difference between getting the funds, eventually and having no reason to think you would get any funds at all. I think it's great when Z clubs have the people and financial resources to host the annual convention; our club simply did not have those resources.

We had to make a decision based on what we had and what we knew; not what we hoped would happen - as I said earlier; our club had no commitment or any reassurance at all that we would receive any funds form NNA and without those funds (and without them well in advance of the convention) we could not have hosted the convention - for that reason, as well as others, we declined hosting it. To have done otherwise would have been irresponsible.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 10-12-2010 at 11:26 AM.