View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
jakoye
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
jakoye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I'll translate the noise complaints from magazine-editor-speak for you: I'm a pussy and the sounds of a real car make me uncomfortable. I'd much rather they add 200 lbs of weight trying to damp out all the noises and vibrations so I can enjoy my Vivaldi CD along with my 45-word-long starbucks order during my daily commute in dead stop traffic that could easily be done more efficiently in a Toyota. The last time I attended a real race event, the exhaust sounds made me cry, and I think the fumes exacerbated my asthma.
Heh. Indeed that may be true, as a lot of these reviewers are reviewing cars from the standpoint of them being used as daily drivers.

For a daily driver, I would think the Z's allowance of road noise to penetrate the cabin, especially from road debris hitting the rear wheel wells, would be less than satisfactory to a lot of people. It kind of depends on your tolerance for road noise in general, as you imply.

Also, the Z's din is probably more noticeable when driving other cars back-to-back. I would think most Z drivers have just gotten used to it and are having too much fun driving this little pocket rocket to worry about a little road noise.

Regardless, it's good to know what people see as the "issues" with this car before I go buy one, even if those issues are not particularly important to me.