View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
kotik
Base Member

Drives: 09 STI stg 2
kotik is on a distinguished road

thanks for all the inputs.

although my STI is 09, I think i have ringland issue. pisses me off, cause i got to take it to the dealer, and to do that, i have to take everything off (this would be the 3rd time i have to do that). First, when i putted CAI (cobb has a new map for it), the car started driving like **** after 300miles... took all off, took it to the dealer, he told me that cause of CAI i have oil in the system now (it pulled oil from crank)... needed oil separator. I didn't put the intake back on, drove it for a bit, but it still drives like **** (barely hitting 15psi, vs 20psi that it should be hitting). Did a log, and was told it's ringlands. Then, I have a weird creak in the back... should be taken care of by the dealer... When i was getting my lights tinted (reputable place, 212 motoring in NY), they pointed out that both my rear lights had cracks thru them (kind of look like spider web, only noticed up close, and kind of neat), dealer refused changing them cause they were tinted.
As far as stop light to stop light speed... yea, STI is much quicker off the line than most cars, but to do that you are abusing it. I have launch control now, but still, doing 5k launches without wheel spin, puts a lot of stress on the drivetrain. so I do it on very rare occasions (to teach some m or amg snubs). When I was stage 1, i hit 12.9 at 105, so looking at your guy's trap i'd say Z is pretty even on the roll with stg 1 sti.

I did test drive the 370 when it first came out. I liked it... i like the 2 door coupe feel it has to it. Before i got STI my choices were 335, 135, 370, C6, Z4MC... really wanted Z4MC but couldn't find the color I wanted at the time. Almost bought ls3 C6. Left bmw's alone, cause i was reading about all the problems they have... turbo's giving out after 50k, and just **** service you get from dealers.
kotik is offline   Reply With Quote