View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #2918 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ftimage View Post
what is the maximum speed one would do
on track? also what is the average speed?

Compared to me driving to NY, 4 hours
with standard equipment,
why is there that much of a
difference?

i would expect the car to drive 16
hours non-stop if my body can take it.
Frank, the maximum speed one would do on the track is all dependent upon the driver and level of experience. Thats what these things are for, to teach a person how to drive their car, safely and to your fullest potential. Speed isn't in the picture until you've got the skills necessary to handle the speed with out wrapping your car around a pole (sound familiar). These track events have class room instruction and then you get an instructor to ride with you to teach you. You need the oil cooler to keep the oil from overheating at speeds which will be higher than on the highway and better brake pads to stop you when going into turns. Your stock brake pads wouldn't last more than a couple of laps before they would glaze and you would be without anything to stop you. Hope that helps answer your questions. Go on Youtube and search for Summit Point or Virginia International Raceway and you'll find videos of people tracking their cars. Also go to nasa.net or asphaltventures.com to see what it is all about.

Last edited by ZCarMan; 10-11-2010 at 02:17 PM.