View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
rreign
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 03 Evo 8
rreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by david712370 View Post
Yea....I was running a total of 1600 watts and use the 1/0 guage. On a side note.... I just tried to have my two L7's in the trunk in a 2.5 cu ft sealed box. It sounded horrible, so i'm just going to run one. When i was running the two L7's the interior lights definitely dimmed, and I have upgraded the battery ground to 1/0 guage. My guess to the reason why the subs didn't sound too great is due to the small volume of the box and the distance from the back of the box to the sub. I took one of the subs out and it sounds alot better. But anyways looks like i'll have to go back to the drawing board.
Yeah, I could imagine that the 2 subs in that small of a box sounded pretty "muddy" On another note, it doesn't really matter how close the back of the sub is to the box, just as long as there is some clearance and you match the box's volume as close to the sub specs as possible.
rreign is offline   Reply With Quote