View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
TrackRat
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z MB M6
TrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 930 (911 Turbo) along with the Z. The 930 is pretty much a strict track car with serious horsepower, coilovers, short gear box, roll bar and recaros. It would dominate the 370 like it was a civic at the track. On the street, the Z is much more comfortable but that is really the difference of having a track car versus a street car. I've had NA 911s and have driven plenty of boxsters and caymans (on and off the track). If money wasn't an issue, I'd take another 911 or Cayman S over the Z but to get to equal dollars you'd be looking at a 50k+ mile used Porsche. Opted for the Z as I wanted a new car with a warranty for a change. Every used German car I currently own has reasonably high milleage and costs me money everytime I turnaround. All around though, the Porsche is a completely different car in a different class.
www.bloodsweatandbrokengears.com
TrackRat is offline   Reply With Quote