View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Unless you are going to use a single din head unit at this time I know of no active capable double din head units. On top of this if you go active your going to want to do custom panels for your tweeters for better imaging. Most systems sound better with a on axis tweeter rather than off. But with active it is controllable.

Active is when you run a tweeter on one channel of your amp and one woofer on one channel giving you a total of 4 channels to control. There is no crossover between the speakers and the amp. That is all done by your head unit where you set your crossover freq's hrx and so on. It is very time consuming to tune and can take up to 2 or three days sometimes. A passive means your send a full signal from your head unit to your amp where it is amplified and sent to a crossover where it is controlled and where the freq is controlled for you.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote