View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndo View Post
popcorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Wow, I don't know wtf that is. Can you hear that just standing next to the car, without shoving a camera up by the cat?

The sounds I've been talking about are just subtle repetitive ticks, like a metronome synchronized click-track, that are completely stable (at a given rpm). What you've recorded is something very scratchy and erratic...
It's the EXACT ticking sound you get when you park your car in the garage after driving for a while (engine off). But this one is audible with the engine on, right under the cats. if it helps, tomorrow I can take two videos at the same time with one camera under Left and one under right cat. Next time drive your car for a while. When you come home, instead of turning the car off, go outside and look under the cats. See if you hear anything and report back please. thanks.

To answer your question, YES you can hear it up to 2 feet away from car(if it's really quiet out) . Am I overreacting?
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote