View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerWA View Post
Old 4x4 trucks mostly. They are relatively cheap and I won't care when/if someone crashes into it. The problem is that road maint here is up to the city, most cities have almost no equipment to deal with snow.

If it's as bad as they say, like it was in 2007 or worse, we will probably have 6"+ on the ground a few times. It was deep enough that my Mustang high centered on the rear diff and I had to dig it out... and that was in my driveway. Cost me 2 weeks of work over all, which is about what a beater would have cost me. If it's supposed to be even worse this year, I can buy a beater, drive it on the worst days, then sell it in the spring lol.
true that, and a 2k car doesn't really depreciate that much in terms of acutal dollars. if it depreciates by half, big deal, 1000 bucks for a few months of beating the snot out of it, sounsd good to me.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote