View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Merlin
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Tour M6
Merlin is on a distinguished road
Default Additonal Issues

Yes, there are other issues with this car.

1. The “service engine soon" light kept coming on and after three trips to the dealer, they finally replaced the gas cap and it hasn't come back on again. That took place in the first two weeks I owned the car.

2. The roof issue I have been dealing with since the third week I owned the car. They have fouled that up beyond repair. I hesitate to allow them to touch it again. I can live with the small rub mark that was beginning rather than have the new canvas installed by a technician who is incompetent.

3. The passenger seat back rattles between mild and badly when driving over and any bumps or when taking turns...Just rattles back and forth.

4. The nav systems continuously crashes my iPod. Every 4-5 times I start the car it freezes up my iPod. Have told dealership about it and am waiting to hear what they recommend/want to do. There is a mod that is out concerning the iPhone. Perhaps that software upgrade will stop the system from crashing my generation 5 iPod. I have had my iPod for four years and it has crashed on me twice in that time frame. Since plugging it into this car it has crashed at least a dozen times when connected to the car (basically four months).

5. The synchrorev system revs the engine far too high and far too long when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear. Depress the clutch and it continues to rev. It is irritating. The system can't keep up with the driver. I have turned it off and love driving the car without that system engaged. Waste of money and I think purely a marketing gimmick.

6. Who knows what will occur next. I have only had the car since the first week in June and it has been to the shop at least twice a month or more since purchase.

I stand by my recommendation. If you can wait a year or two before getting a Roadster, wait. If you can’t wait, look at purchasing another make of car. There are far too many bugs they have to work out in this model. For those that aren't having a problem, I am happy for you. I would rather be in your shoes. I still like the rest of the car, but don’t want to deal with the PC customer affairs pukes and BS from Nissan North America.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote