View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #44 (permalink)
Namir
Track Member

Drives: 09 G37S 6MT
Namir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
I have a super high metabolism and I take in 3-4k of calories on a normal day. I was thinking of adding (American Body Builders) ABB XXL ready to drink weight gainers.

Each 24oz drink contains 1090 calories, 54 grams protein, and 215 carbs...
I can order a bulk box of 20 for like $40-$50...

Whats everyones thought on the product? should I give it a go?
I took an exercise physiology class where we had to track caloric intake and expenditure.
I too thought I was eating a lot but my 'super high metabolism' was keeping me from gaining weight.
My conclusion from a week of monitoring my diet and all physical activity was that although I consumed an average of 3100 calories a day. My caloric expenditure was approximately 3300 calories a day. Which explains why I wasn't gaining weight despite regular weight lifting.

In the end, I would suggest that if you aren't gaining weight. Try adding 500 calories a day for a 1-2lb a week mass gain. Remember to eat clean cals not empty cals and try to eat many smaller portions throughout the day rather than fewer big ones.

1100 calories in 1 weight gainer is a lot. I would break that thing into 2 meal replacements and try to eat 6 meals at 5-600 calories.
Just my opinion. Good luck.

G37S|6MT|PREM|NAV|Eibach|Ichibia|Injen
Namir is offline   Reply With Quote