Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #272 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
what bothers me more than the lag, is the bucking feel when the car is either cold or accelerating decently from a roll at low rpms in 1st/2nd gear.
Yup! I get that one as well even though the clutch is fully engaged and the pedal is still. It's like throttle movement is somewhat stuck and tries to apply more power to unstick itself. It happened to me over the weekend when I shifted to 3rd and kept steady acceleration close to redline before merging on the freeway. At times this is smooth, and other times it felt "clunky."

Then there are times where I'm in 2nd, steady throttle, the acceleration is a bit slow, car jerks, and it gets quicker as if I applied more throttle even though I didn't.

I'd like to go FI one day, which will void the warranty, but now I'm getting paranoid about VVEL actuator failure.