View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all
Default Had my sport calipers powder coated by Mike

If you are thinking about doing this I highly recommend that you use Mike.

He is a forum sponsor and his customer service is top notch. Every question (even the stupid ones) were answered promptly.
When I decided to have the work done he made the process painless. Even though I made it more difficult than it needed to be. What I mean by that is, Mike offers a core swap of your calipers. He sends you a set that he has on hand done in the color that you want. Then you send yours to him and those become the core set. It saves down time.
I made it a little more difficult because I wanted my original ones back. I was concerned about getting older calipers than my car.

Well, my calipers came back today after a little less than two weeks. I removed and shipped them out on September 24th.
I was amazed that they looked brand new. I knew they would have to be cleaned to be coated but I wasn't expecting them to be spotless inside and out.
As it turns out I probably didn't need to worry about getting older calipers. If they are all this clean then you will be good to go.

Here are a few pics:
Stock color

Lookin good!

Like I said. These look brand new.

Much better!

Even the tiny rear calipers look mean in this color.

Sweet!!

There you have it. Hell of a job Mike!

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD

Last edited by Dembflyr; 10-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Dembflyr is offline   Reply With Quote