View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Still in progress, but here is an update.

Essentially, I am rebuilding the back of the airbox to allow more room for the K&N filters. Still looks a bit rough, but it's coming together...

Will probably have to cut about 1" of material off of the top part of airbox back I've built for the passenger side intake to make room for the power steering fluid reservoir, but this gives you an idea of what I'm attempting to accomplish...

So far, so good -- with a bit of insulation material to make up for imperfect sealing between plastic components, should maintain OEM heat shielding and cool air ducting, while addding a better flowing set-up that would be achieved with just a panel filter.

Moreover, after I clean it up a bit, to a casual oberver it should look pretty stock once installed.

More updates soon with dynos to determine whether it was worth all the trouble...

Last edited by Jordo!; 10-07-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote