View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Thanks for the writeup. How difficult is it to adjust damping?
Apologies for the images, they're from iPhone.

Just hand turn the knob on the top of the shock. There is 32 clicks. Here's a picture of where the front adjust is:

The rear is more challenging. You need to remove the fat anchors that go into the palstic side panels in the rear cargo hatch, one on each side. Then gently pull the plastic side panel away and little plastic tabs inside will give way and let the panel be pulled loose. Then you can see the adjuster knob. Squeze your hand through the small hole to turn the knob. Then gently press the plastic panel back into position, feeling the tabs re-seat into their correct spots, then push the single, fat , locking tabs in each panel, then push in the center of the locking tab to "lock" it. It takes me about 10 minutes to do front and rear adjust, but it can be hot and dirty. I put on gym cloths and set a little box fan next to me to cool the intake runners and whatnot.

Here's the rear adjustment:

Cheers!

-Phim
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote