View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Interesting. Are the height adjustments capable of getting closer to stock height? I'd like to stiffen up my car a bit (probably swaybars and maybe some chassis stuff first, but maybe some coilovers later), but I'm trying to avoid much drop. Ideally I'd like to stay within an inch of stock. The parking lot entrances around Houston suck, I scrape up the front spoiler pretty badly as it is, no matter how hard I try not to.
At 1.3" lower than stock, the rear is approaching its maximum height, but the front still has a ways to go. Now that I've driven it more, I've had a few run-ins with low lying objects...usually parking lot entrances in Bakersfield, CA. I think I want to bring it up another .2" to .3" inch. I'll see how much I can get out of the back, then match that in the front. I'm going to wait for a month to let it "settle" before I realign it. On a side note, my tuning shop knew I would be in for multiple adjusts and charged me $650 for install of shocks/sway bars with with 3 yr/36,000 mile guarantee on align, with agreement that I would get realign at 1 month. A little pricey, but the right thing to do, IMO.

On a side note, I have about 250 miles of "spirited" driving on these coil overs and the handling is outstanding compared to stock. The car still tends to understeer while braking, but I think that is a function of 245 width tires and a 54/46 weight balance. Other than that little quibble, this car is outstanding! I rented an '08 911s in Vegas a few months ago (7k miles on it) and the handling prowess and feel of my 370z with coilovers and sway bars beats the stock 911s hands down.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote