View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:56 AM   #535 (permalink)
sylenze
Base Member

Drives: 370z 6mt+SP PG
sylenze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
Okay folks. Just got off the phone with someone a step up from my Midwest Regional CS Manager. First, this person races cars for fun. He races street cars. His favorite track is Road America in Wisconsin. This guy knows his stuff. He's not a kid and has been doing this a long time. 250 to 280 to him is optimal engine oil temperature for high performance driving, and he urged anyone to just look it up from reputable sources. Also, I must say, this person could not have been nicer. They're motto right now is "prove it on the street.".
i think the start of your statement is the problem itself... this guys doesn't even have a proper title... a step up from midwest regional CS manager... tells me nothing... he knows how to race and sets cars up to race just put him in the same level of knowledge as most of the forum members... it is a fallacy to say that just because this guys states such and such makes it a fact with mediocre background... the only fact i can see from this statement is that he works for CUSTOMER SERVICE and not engineering nor development... i do not mean to offend but it is insulting for you to belittle the issue with unfounded facts/sources... its like getting a weather forecast from somebody who's hobby is to watch the clouds in the sky and dance around in the rain...