View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #84 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby8621 View Post
what dia. exhaust setup do i need for a supercharger? and would it be better to have high flow cats or catless?
It would be better to have high flow cats.

You may lose 10 hp or so with high flow cats, but maybe even less than that.

The benefit is that It reduces emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and oxides of nitrogen by over 90%. I'm sure you've heard it, but let me reiterate it..... We are killing our planet. Having cats on a performance vehicle is the least that one can do to help out the environment.

One car on the road without catalyitic convertors is like having an 20 extra cars on the road.

I was following a Mitsu evo last night with aftermarket blowoff valve, fart can muffler and no cats. The fumes were making my eyes water every time I came up behind him at a stop light. Disgusting. Turning the clock back to 1968 just to get an extra 10 hp? It made me so mad that I thought about writing his plate number down and sending an email to the highway patrol.... in the end I chilled out and didn't do it.... but I could sure see someone else doing it. I would be a little worried about having a catless car just because if they forced me to do an emissions test over a complaint, I would have to undo all my other mods.

-Phim
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote