View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagt View Post
Yea, I have the front upper control arms for my 350Z and that made a difference for sure.

So what you are saying is I will need adjustable arms for the front and rear of the car to get the tires to wear properly if I decide to do spacers and lower the car?
Well, I lowered mine by 3/4" front and 1/2" rear. With my spacers (15mm front, 20 mm rear), my camber was -1.6 and -1.0 front (yeah, different on either side) and -3.0 rear. With the stock rear camber adjustment bolt, they could bring the rears back to -2.4, no further. And like I said, for the front...no adjustments possible. So I suppose it depends on how much "off spec" you want to tolerate. Some people don't bother with aftermarket camber arms. I wanted complete control of the adjustments and I was in it so far anyways so paying a little more for front and rear kits was fine for the ability to fine tune at any time. In fact have a more aggressive street/track set up right now.