View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:29 AM   #2013 (permalink)
Rui Z
Track Member

Drives: 8====D
Rui Z has a spectacular aura aboutRui Z has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzlitonian View Post
Hey guys, Buzz here: I have good news! Being the only messed up Z nearby to Austin where Uprev lives and being in their shop for 1 month now, I got a call from Stillen (Service Mgr) that my car is Fixed! This is great news, because the info learned from this experience now can help others. There were 2 problems: an installation problem and of course the Tune itself with how the ECU was acting. They spent 3 days building a computer program that actually delves into the ECU so they can understand the crazy signals it was sending. Weird thing is the ECU worked but the language or series of signals may have caught them offguard from previous tunes and basically had to learn all over again. My Z was bought in the late quarter of 09. It is possible The nissan engineers made some fine tweaks here and there in the ECU different from the earlier models of that same year. Now, the installation thing (I apologize) I don't have the details on that yet. But, it is possible that some instruction step or picture may not have been clear enough for my installer (the Nissan dealership Master Tech) and was put in/backwards/upside down/you get the point. So, wow.
Now, I have to say after catching up on the latest threads. Stillen supported me the whole way. Like someone said, "in the middle of a project, there is not much to report". Sorry, if I got the quote wrong.
My car was transported up on a JerrDan Hydraulic Tow and will be brought back the same way. Being only 2 Hrs from Austin was a very lucky thing. So, now armed with this I think some serious progress will be made all over the US in short order with what my car went through. Today actually was the 4 month point I have been without my vehicle.
Also, I was told these cars are very "tight" with how they are built from Nissan.
Some will take to changes and some will not. It was also told to me that if I make any other upgrades to the Engine, like new exhaust or Cats to with it, I should take it back to a very reputable Tuner shop (hey, like Uprev?) Ha! Ha! The canned Tuner downloads are not going to be enough. Each car reacts differently. So, today Uprev was going to drive it around and make completely sure the car was ready to go. But Yesterday and Today it ran for the first time in Weeks!
So, by the weekend I should have it. I am sure the Dealership will drive it around too to make damn sure before handing it back to me. Technically, the dealer still has responsibility for it or whether it fits the bill. Strange situation. I know my dealers Service Mgr called Uprev to talk to them about the installation part. Some pride to be gain or lost on that one. We'll see.
Also, the Nissan dealer is Warrantying all the work or anywork for the Supercharger completely. Maybe a unique situation for me, not sure if everyone can get that. I have it writing, too. Just wanted to let everyone know the first chance I got. Will post again soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg (46.1 KB, 3 views)