View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sharif@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 GT-R, 2010 370Z
Sharif@Forged will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
What do you mean by "it's nearly impossible to get repeated good results from an eTune"? Are you talking about a canned etune that is sent to you (similar to Cobb's methodolgy)?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I would think Uprev's data logging process, map tweaking, and upload on a car would be good. Certainly not the best option, but 'good enough'. Are we talking about the same thing? I think we are, but want to be sure.

Also, I just got my Cipher cable for datalogging. The only thing in the package was that; no software or anything. Is that right? I just plug the cable into the OBD port, the USB into the laptop, datalog, and send the files back via email or something?

And Sharif, I am very disapointed you have not posted more pics or vids of your race prepped Z!!!!!!!!!! Don't leave us hanging!!!!!
Back and forth datalogs can only tell you so much. They can tell you if the tune is safe. But without a way of measuring the outcome of the tuning changes, it's really impossible to know if/where you are making more power. The butt dyno is highly inaccurate, even moreso when trying to feel a power improvement in the 10-20 whp range which is typical with custom NA dyno tunes.

Now with a forced induction car, eTuning works really well, because in addition to the standard fuel, timing, cam tables that are optimized...we are also making the most important change with respect to power output: increasing the boost level. On some cars, it's not uncommon to see 50-100whp improvements from forced induction eTuning.
Cobb ProTuner, Uprev ECU Flash, FCON Vpro, Haltech, Motec Certified
Sharif@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote