View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #528 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
So all I'm saying is, I expect the Nismo cooler option to have a thermo, and for that thermo to be set significantly higher than 180, for any of this to make sense. 220 would be reasonable, maybe 230-240 though given what he's saying.

My gut feeling is that their thermo, if any, will be at 180 and invalidate the guy, but I could be wrong.
Interesting that Mocal, one of the larger suppliers of Oil Contol systems makes the 180 degree thermo standard on all their thermostatic sandwich plates (what I just put on my car) Info: http://64.202.180.37/files/sp1t.pdf

Another interesting factoid: The High heat temperature that is used to calculate Viscosity in standardized oil testing is 212 degrees..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!