Thread: Pulley Wobble
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Update -Nissan looked at the car today, the pulled had loosened off to the point where the bolt was finger tight, in addition the crank oil seal was torn and leaking oil. Crank seal was replaced and the stock pulley/belt were reinstalled. Will have to try to get to the bottom of this before I play with the crank pulley again. The installed said the torque was checked twice on the initial installation, so the wobble must be the culprit for loosening off the bolt.

Josh - I bought this pulley off of another member on here who had experienced a similar problem, and took it off. The assumption in that case was incorrect installation, however to have two similar issues with the same pulley is strange. Especially considering I had it checked for balance (because of the issue he had). Any chance of me sending it to you guys for a look/answers?