View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
shabarivas
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z MB 6mt
shabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Did you know that the 2009 Subaru WRX weighs less than your MZ4 Coupe (the Wagon trim weighs 3187lbs) and can achieve 0-60 in the same time? Do not knock the Subie or the Mitsu before you try it.

Go drive the EVO X and the WRX. The WRX in Wagon trim can be a nice track rat, you can fit 4 wheels, tools, a weekend's worth of cloth in duffel bag, a track jack, and 4 jack-stands. The symmetrical all-wheel-drive takes some getting used to if you're used to RWD, but there are some inherent advantages.

I currently own an MZ4 Coupe, I used to own a 350Z, and now I also have an '09 Subaru WRX wagon I used for daily drive. For less than $25,000 you can not beat the performance numbers, and even the mighty MZ4 Coupe will struggle to keep up with it in certain conditions and turns. It lacks the refinement of the MZ4 Coupe, it's loud, the turdbo lag is a little unnerving at times (I've never owned a turdbo car before), and there's a lot of body roll because the center of gravity is much higher compared to the E86, but for the simple fact that I can put my daughter in the back-seat? No comparison.

The 370Z may be the best of the bunch under $30K, but if you need a car that you can drive around with a bit more versatility, don't look past the Subie and the EVO X.
Ha ha .. no thats not what the op meant - he said that the AWD was not as fun - and he is right. I used to have an EVO X before the Z and let me tell you... even when I would take my G35 out instead of the evo - I would have a much more fulfilling driving experience. The evo just makes the work the driver has to do to pull of a nice looking turn - just too easy... the car does most of the driving for you.. think of it this way... the Z is to revmatching the same way the evo is to slowing / turning and all else other than shifting lol...
shabarivas is offline   Reply With Quote