View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #43 (permalink)
redwolfmendoz
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 270z
redwolfmendoz is on a distinguished road

It's looking pretty hopeless...

So as I stated earlier, on the night in question (09/21/10 8:35pm) my car stalled/shut off during a slight left just before the intersection of Barrington and Gateway in Santa Monica.

I called my coworker buddy for help (he and I were the last to leave the office), he showed up promptly and found me at the intersection with my hazard lights on. He called AAA using his member card, they showed up 10 mins later asked me what the problem was - I thought it was the battery but wasn't 100% sure. The dude from AAA then proceeded to jumpstart my car with a battery pack for 10-15 minutes, before we gave up and pushed it to a nice spot and parked it overnight.

Flashback to last Friday (10/01/10 3:20pm), when the NAC rep got a hold of me and stated that the warranty was voided on my car because I/AAA jump started the car improperly.

I called up my buddy Rick at Affordable Automotive in Canoga who has worked on all my cars for years to explain the situation.

Here's where he says things become complicated - I am not a AAA member, my coworker is. It is possible that even after I file my petition with AAA that they could say they are not responsible for any damages to my car.

I'm currently in the process of finding a lawyer - so far I've been told I can't exercise the Lemon Law yet. Going to file a petition with Consumer Affairs and the Bureau of Automotive Repair.

Last edited by redwolfmendoz; 10-04-2010 at 12:12 PM.
redwolfmendoz is offline   Reply With Quote