View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #41 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokart3 View Post
Hey Steve...

I searched my Fotki acct but couldn't find any pics of the actual Ghetto Grommet, but I'm sure you get the idea. Now I've gotta look even closer at the 370Z since you're playing with one. Not sure if this here forum knows how much of a lottery they hit when you landed here, but sure they will soon if not already.

Any VTDA's out here yet??
Brad! Good idea...I was actually looking at that yesterday and planned to do something similar. Seems a few short lengths of slit 6mm silicone will do the trick. Having had a stainless line saw through a power steering hard pipe once I know what you mean! As an expansion of that idea, I think laying a bead of clear silicone inside the split tubing would be super clean and alleviate the need for Zip ties while still holding the "Grommet" in place..
Thanks for the Haven't started playing with the intake yet, but you can bet the wheels are turning!

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 05-19-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote