View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #40 (permalink)
Gokart3
Base Member

Drives: TBD
Gokart3 is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve...

Thought I'd shoot up a quick comment. Not sure if you and I have ever discussed my Ghetto Grommet program. I used it when we put the Comptech supercharger and aftercooler in the S2000. The aftercooler had water lines that ran to a pump in the fender. You may already do this, so if it's a *R* epost, sorry.

Since I'm paranoid of rubber hoses chafing on anything, when I cut holds for them to run thru, I usually go a tad bigger than I need, then make a grommet to surround the hole. I just cut some 1/4 inch rubber hose lengthwise, then wrap it over the cut edge of the plastic/metal that I cut a hole in. I drill a few small holes and then use zip ties to hold the Ghetto Grommet in place. Then I run the hoses thru so it's rubber on rubber instead of rubber on "anything else".

I even use this method in the reverse when running braided stainless line to keep it from sawing thru things. I use a piece of hose slightly larger than the stainless, wrap it, zip tie, etc.. Have a few of those on the STi now. Just thought I'd drop that one here.

You can just barely see the gray hose on the driver side of the aftercooler in this pic. There are two of them that run out of the bottom side of the aftercooler and down into the left front fender under the headlight. An our and return. Russ Scott and John LZ7W helped me with the routing/install/etc.. Good times.

I searched my Fotki acct but couldn't find any pics of the actual Ghetto Grommet, but I'm sure you get the idea. Now I've gotta look even closer at the 370Z since you're playing with one. Not sure if this here forum knows how much of a lottery they hit when you landed here, but sure they will soon if not already.

Any VTDA's out here yet??
Gokart3 is offline   Reply With Quote