View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
There's nothing all that great about the large brakes anyway. Better fade resistance my a$$, my 13" rotors and single piston calipers on my G35 sedan resisted fade better than these "sport brakes". Apparently they dropped the Brembo's for cost concerns, but whichever engineer designed this replacement Akebono system seriously dropped the ball on performance.
I completely Disagree!!! I changed my brake fluid to super blue DOT4 and took the car to lil tally which is notorious for killing brakes and these brakes were phenomenal!!! I mean I was 4th gear 105mph and waitng til the 2nd to last cone to brake and the car would stop on a dime!!!! I mean my passengers were commenting on how they were gonna have bruises from the seat belt it stopped so hard.

The brakes are amazing I cant wait to see what the aftermarket ones can do!
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote