View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 05:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
jginnane
Base Member

Drives: 09Z Pearl 7AT, 09 TL
jginnane is on a distinguished road
Default Adding spot/driving lights to the Z

Has nobody else felt the need for improved front lighting, other than swapping HID bulbs? Here in NJ the only time you can run the car decently is well after dark, because of constant road congestion.

Nissan 370Z Forum - jginnane's Album: Bosch Compact 100 lights (2 sets)

I've got one set of the clear spot/driving lights on order, and they should be here about the time my pearl 7AT is. The light housings are 4" across, 2.5" deep, plus mounts. These are NOT like PIAA or Hella kits you can find in a Pep Boys, but they work well and are reasonably priced (Under $200 + installation.)

The initial plan is to simply attach to the flat plate between the fang and side of the mouth in the molded front bumper shroud. This location may change inbound, because I'd prefer to drill bolt holes up into the front bumper if I can reach, but don't want to complicate future removals of the shroud.

The dash toggle will be wired independently of other light circuits (so you don't need a set of lights on to turn these drivers on).

Apologies in advance to anyone saying I'm going to fuglify the front end ... like driving my wife's 4G TL, the ugly's all going to be on the outside.
jginnane is offline   Reply With Quote