View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 02:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
CrownR426
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Manual
CrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJcuetip View Post
gym rat here!! haha well here is a little background of me.. I'm 22 i have been working out for 4 years now.. it all started when i change my major to Kinesiology and naturally fell in love with the effects of working out for not only a healthy lifestyle, but for the boost in confidence in every part of your life..

I started out at a whoppin 130lbs @ 5'11''... TRUST ME, I hated being the skinny guy.. after continually going to the gym and trying different supplements AND CONTINUALLY CHANGING MY WORKOUT EVERY 2-3WEEKS.. i am now 180lbs @ 6.7% body fat..

In the past i have cycled creatine once.. but recently I have cycled super pump250 + whey protein and superpump250 + Surge biotest... super pump and surge are GREAT products... they helped me get over my wall a couple times now.. Surge has got to be one of the best post workout products I have taken and can only be bought on their site, they are made by biotest... when i got it there was a really good deal 3 tubs (15 servings each) for 99$ tax shipping included.. and chocolate flavor taste great!

Right now I am trying NO2 by bsn which like everyone says is high in caffeine. Myself being very sensitive to caffeine because I don't drink coffee or soda.. this stuff makes me very jittery and sometimes makes it difficult for me to breathe when i work out cause my heart rate is so fast. Not only that, but this stuff has made my blood pressure rise to 170/110 even one hour after the workout!!! so be careful with this stuff.. I only take half a serving now because of that, which seems to better fit my body.

and as far as using protein as a post workout:
The thing is, whey protein is great as a meal replacement, or if your trying to pack more calories, but I know a lot of people take protein after they work out and some even take around 3-4 servings thinking its more protein the body is utilizing, but in reality your wasting protein/money. My recommendation, is to take one serving of protein after you workout, along with some sugars (like 12 ounces of Gatorade). When your working out your insulin levels drop significantly, in order for your body to absorb the maximum amount of protein for recovery, your insulin levels must be back to normal, therefore taking it with Gatorade. You can take it before the protein or after it does not matter. This is why some of the best post workout products have a proper ratio of PROTEIN/SUGARS/CARBS..

hope this helps! ... REP?

Got my rep!
Thank you very much!
I never knew this before.