Thread: GT500 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #178 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I can tell you that a new GT500 would slaughter you in any kind of acceleration competition you want to have. It also laps quite a bit faster around VIR. No comparison in numbers, regarless of what you "felt".
Read my post again. I essentially state that the GT500 requires driver skill to be driven quickly where the Z is more forgiving of less experienced drivers. If I were to lap VIR in both cars, I guarantee I'd be faster in my Z. I wasn't posting Michael Schumacher's experience with both cars, just my own. Driven by someone who can handle the GT500, it'll lap faster than a Z due to the straightaway speeds it can achieve. This is purely a horsepower advantage. The GT500 suspension is archaic and inferior to the Z, and the Z could definitely achieve higher cornering speeds.