View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #68 (permalink)
CruiZe
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MBlack Sport
CruiZe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdjing View Post
I cannot believe just how many irresponsible children there are on the board urging someone on to make a financially self destructive impulse purchase.

If you already have negative equity on your present car, there is no way in hell you should be buying another one (the same car no less with some fancy bits and a different color).

"It's just another $6 dollars a month!" No it is not just another six thousand dollars a month. Figuring in your monthly payments made on your existing car as well as the down payment, you've probably already paid close to 10k that you will never get back.

A car is not an asset, it is a liability. Borrowing money and paying interest on a constantly depreciating item is stupid and irresponsible which is exactly why car dealers love to do financing, because they see a sucker. I would recommend saving all your pennies and buying every car with cash in full but the majority of Americans no longer seem to have any self control.

I'm sure you don't appreciated to be lectured on the internet by a complete stranger but do yourself a favor and listen to what your husband says. He actually has your interests at heart as opposed to the car dealership.
I might have a man crush on you.