View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
SophiaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2020 50th anniv 7AT
SophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond reputeSophiaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azroadster View Post
I agree that you should have discussed it with him first. I have been married to my present wife for 28 years and she has always been agreeable to me purchasing cars and mods as long as we can afford it and I let her know what I am doing. She has been great that way and I am a very lucky man. She shares in my passion for cars and I truly appreciate that. Give it a few days and have a calm discussion with him. He may come around. Tell him that life is too short to drive a car that you really don't want. When you both get older you will realize that more and more. Hell, if I had the money I would have a Ferrari, but I make just enough to have a nice 370Z and $$$ left over to mod the hell out of it. It's a car - it IS NOT worth getting divorced over.

AZ

I agree with everything you said.
What everyone isn't understanding is that ( quick story)...I always go to Nissan alone for my maintenance and all that. I went today cuz my one splash guard was hanging and my rear bumper wasn't properly aligned. While waiting..for shites and giggles, I went out to their lot to see what they had. I seen this beautiful 09 sitting there all lonesome and had them run up the numbers (not thinking it was even feasible) When they said it was good to go I was shocked and texted my husband saying "bringing home a new Z, don't be mad, kay?'' I've said that before just playing around w/o getting quoted. So when I did REALLY ASK if it was ok..all hell broke loose. So I in fact actually did ask him,so I'm not faulty in that sense.
I always check to see if a purchase is ok...even if I want to buy a shirt online (for example)