View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
dad
Grand Prix of Endurance

Drives: Mulsanne Straight
dad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milenko2121 View Post
YES VDC WAS ON

Crash'd Album

Driving down to Taco Bell after a movie, and find out my back right tire has a huge nail it in, so I put my spare tire on. I continue down to taco bell, and went to make a lane change in a 30mph zone, it's 10pm out so it's pretty dark, and right as I'm halfway through the change, some raised truck comes flying up on me going at least 60, not thinking much of it, I swerved back into my lane... That's where everything went bad. My spare tire picked up off the road(which was just repaved and was had fresh oil still) And I got thrown to the opposite side of the road, I had absolutely no traction. I was headed towards a storefront, and I overcorrected like no tomorrow to dodge that, only to run almost head on into a parked car of the side of the road... Luckily, I just knicked it, but it completely ripped my front wheel off.
I'm lucky no cars were coming the opposite way because I probably wouldn't be sharing this story right now.

I'm never using a spare tire again... AAA anytime from now on.

So far, the repair bill is at $14,000. It's just crazy.
I had to rent a Dodge Charger until my car is fixed (they promised it by the 20th) Hopefully everything pans out... I'm just worried about the paint part because I have the 40th Edition.
Try to take your car here if your insurance will approve the work! They do excellent work! They will match your paint, you will be happy!
Tony's Auto Body Shop - Serving Ventura County Since 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
OK, I'll be the first one to call BS on this story LOL

You did that much damage at only 30mph, and set off air bags, by hitting a car on the other side of the road, just because of the spare tire.

Come on dude, whats the real story..??

I'm not you're insurance company, you can be honest HaHa
The spare tire may have contributed to the loss of traction! A fresh oiled road and "the brand of tires on the Z" , doesn't surprise me that this happened!

We can do without any article of luxury we have never had; but once obtained, it is not in human nature to surrender it voluntary.

Last edited by dad; 10-02-2010 at 02:20 PM.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote