Thread: Pulley Wobble
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Pulley Wobble

Need some help, ASAP on something I noticed today.

Had the car at Nissan today getting the Stillen UD crank pulley installed. Prior to getting it installed I had the pulley checked for balance at a machine shop who said it was good to go.

On the way home, I smelled a bit of oil, but assumed that it was from the oil the tech used to put the pulley on, called nissan and they said to check just to make sure nothing was leaking. So I figured I'd do an oil change that was just about due and check it out at the same time.

Good news- no oil leaks around the pulley.
(Potentially) Bad News - when i started the engine after the oil change, to make sure nothing was leaking, I had a look at the pulley as well. There is a VERY noticable vibration from side to side and a sound as well. Now having not seen the stock crank pulley spinning i am not sure if this movement is normal, but it just doesnt look right, especially given that all the other pulleys are not vibrating at all.

Is this normal for the Stillen UD pulley? If not, what could be causing this? Hopefully no damage was done from the short drive home from nissan.