View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute

Since you asked for All-Season tires I will comment. First of all, the benefits of an all season tire are far more than traction in below 40F. All season tires have harder tread compounds that are applied in deeper treads; all amounting to a high performance tire that last MUCH longer than any summer tire. A/S tires also post great wet traction in comparison to there summer counterparts, again because of the deeper tread depth. My recommendation is for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. I've run them on my 370Z for about 4k miles and have been pleased so far. They aren't cheap, but they are comparable the standard PS2s. They will offer greatly extended tire life. Another great alternative is the Pirelli PZero M&S. Again, this tire posts great traction and tread life. I've driven on the Pirelli for 50k miles easily (but not on my Z) and I was always happy with it's performance. That being said the Michelin is a better tire.