View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #66 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
I think it's actually a liability issue, just like if you set up booby traps for buglars...eventhough they are breaking the law, you still cannot harm them...cuz they can sue you....So yes, eventhough a thief is stealing your car, if your car dies in the middle of a highway, and another car hits him and injures him, he can sue the manufacturer....kind of a catch-22
The way my Prius worked is that if you had the car turned on (which doesn't necessarily mean the engine is running) and left the car, the car would not go into drive or reverse. It just sat there until someone with the fob returns. It also had proximity door unlocking, but not from a distance. You had to insert your hand into the door handle, then the door unlocked itself. I really liked those features.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote