View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 11:46 PM   #4969 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
Okay, so I've started the install (well, prep really). First, I'm embarrassed to say that I could not get the Z up on ramps. I used to put RWD cars on ramps all the time when I was HS/College age (that was, er, some years ago). But then again, that was metal ramps on a gravel driveway. They didn't move under the torque of the wheels like the Rhino Ramps I have did under the Z. So, I figured I'd do the raise 1 corner at a time technique (with the fronts up on 2 sandwiched 2X12"s). My old 2.25 ton Craftsman trolley jack failed on the first corner.

So, a trip to Sears and some $$ later I came home with a low profile 3 ton lightweight floor jack. Got under the pumpkin and got the rear up using just the lower part of the handle to lift it and slid the ramps under the wheels. So far so good.

I was able to loosen all the 14mm bolts on the system. I used both a half inch breaker bar with a impact socket, or a 3/8 bar with a deep socket. They were very tight. I needed to lie on my side and use my foot against the breaker bar on the center pipe bolts. But they are all loose and ready for removal now.

I also unpacked the exhaust. What a thing of beauty! The box had been dented and cracked by UPS, but there was no damage to the pipes due to the spectacular packing job of Tony's crew (I suspect he employs Santa's elves in the off season). The instructions are very clear as well.

Unfortunately work and predicted tropical rains will keep me from doing anything tomorrow. So I'll post more after I've got the CBE installed.
The progress sounds good. Keep us posted...

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"